I got tagged by the wonderful, talented, beautiful Brittany from Life, Set Sail to do a 10 Things About Me post. Ahhh she's great. She may be busy currently as she's off riding a horse backwards with me, on a boat. The tickets are now diamonds! Nope, that never happened, but I can dream. I did actually get tagged by her though - that part is true - and hers made me laugh so much that I thought "jesssss, I do this too." So here are 10 things about me that you probably didn't know. Warning: they're weird. Also there are more than 10. Yikes. It doesn't look good that I can't stop talking about myself.
1. I have twin sisters (I am not one of the twins to be clear). One of them has a three legged cat and we relentlessly pretend like she ripped its leg off. It actually got mauled by a raccoon. Also the same sister had a raccoon jump up and bite her on the leg and she had to get rabies shots. I dunno, clearly she has a weird thing about legs and raccoons.
2. I have a brother that surprisingly few people know about, but I get on with
quite well. That sounds odd, but we barely saw each other growing up
(divorced parents, different houses, he's older). I've literally gone years knowing people and then
when I mention something about my brother they're like "wait, what? No,
you can't fool me."
3. I am basically an old person. I've been with my boyfriend for 6 years (since I was 17) and I think the relationship has aged us about 60 years. Anytime we go out, we're both like "well it's 9:00, probably... you know... probably gonna head out now because... well... things are starting to get a little wild here and... well yeah... it's just that our bed is so soft and comfortable."
4. I hate kids. I don't hate them. But I kind of do. Some of them are
great, but others sometimes need a healthy dose of chloroform. This may
not be a popular opinion.
5. I had a unibrow growing up. Weelll if we're being honest that's probably
not a huge shocker. I'm part Armenian and my brows are fairly mannish
even now. I successfully managed to pluck the browstache enough as a kid
that it doesn't come back in anymore though... mostly.
6. I have to take 100 pictures of myself to find the only where I don't have a crazy eye. One of my eyes just can't open. I was part of a bridal party once and we had to take individual brides maids shots and the photographer said to me "that's great, but can you just try, like, opening both eyes?" You know what sir? I would love to. It would be a dream come true.
7. I am obsessed with my boyfriend's boss' dog (especially his bum because it looks like a lamb's bum). That dog in my instagram pictures... not mine. Probably a bit weird right?
8. I'm also obsessed with sloths and onesies, which is how this custom made sloth onesie came to be, courtesy of my talented, rabid sister.
9. I can't stop watching The Bachelor. Or The Bachelorette. Or Bachelor Pad. Or Bachelor in Paradise. What is wrong with me? I got a fever and the only prescription is more Bachelor! God it's bad though.
10. I work in a grocery store (health food store if you want to sound fancy) with one of the greatest friends I could ask for (he actually taught me loads about how to code) and we basically just wonder around talking in New Zealand or South African accents, pretending to be car salesmen. Seriously, every day that is how we pass our time. We might not win employees of the month, but we'd certainly win "in need of a swift slap in the face of the month" if they made that award.
A few bonus facts:
1. I went to makeup school. I think I've only mentioned that before once here? Not
sure. I don't like to mention it too much because then I think
people will expect me to be better than I am.
2. I'm a die hard Buffy fan. I have watched them again and again, especially season 4. I think Giles has to be one of the greatest characters of all time.
3. I can do a pretty awesome Wookie call. I know. You're impressed. Why wouldn't you be?